Friday 16 September 2011

Very Exciting News!

Last week was birthday and I got some new  inks and stamps which I have been looking forward to using, but I haven't been able to as it has been a rather busy time.  Finally today I was able to make something which I will show you below.

Five days after my birthday was my son's, so last week I was busy organising his party with his friends.  He turned 7.  The party went well, but then I got sick this week with tonsillitis.  I am starting to feel better again.  The antibiotics are helping. 

Today I got some very exciting news!  I got an email to say I was the winner of the amazing blog candy at The Crafter's Cafe. Their blog is http://crafterscafe.blogspot.com/  I am new to their website, but so glad I joined.  Take a look and see all the wonderful they have to offer, tutorials, challenges, social groups etc.

Last week for the first time, one of my cards got recognised in a challenge.  I got an "honorable mention" - "the cream in our coffee" in the Play Date Challenge 97 - A splash of colour.  You can see my card here
And I have just had a look at the Simply Scrapping Crafts blog and one of my cards has been chosen as the Fab Four


Today's new card - Autumn Leaves.

Autumn leaves

The card I made today uses distress inks.  I stamped walnut stain, wild honey and fired brick onto an acrylic block and sprayed it with water and stamped it onto card.  I tried this a few times to get slightly different colourings and I have more card to use later.  When it dried I stamped it with a leaf stamp and cut it out.  I mounted this onto my card.  The background is stamped in chocolate brown ink using my new HA background word stamp (Old French Script).  And I added an embossed card strip too.

This is for the following challenges.
Lily Pad Cards - Chain Card Challenge

Simply Scrapping Crafts - Distressing

Thanks for stopping by.

Angela

 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome leave card Angela. Thanks for joining us at SSC and congrats on your Fab Four last month. Plus congrats on your Play Date Cafe shout-out and what a great win with Crafters Cafe. A great haul. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card angela - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow...Angela...I love this! Stunning!!
    Thanx for commenting on my blog. Now that i know you got a blog as well, i will definitely check in here often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed that's how you colored the leaves. They are striking. Thanks for the inpiration.

    ReplyDelete