Sunday 2 October 2011

Penny Black Blog Challenge

Over at the Penny Black Blog there is the opportunity to win stamps and be a Guest Design for them at their  Blog.  All you need to do is create your best, *new*Penny Black stamped card and upload it into their Gallery by Midnight Sunday (tomorrow) night, PST. You need to tag your entry with “pennyblackguest“. The Penny Black Designers will choose a winner to receive an assortment of their favorite stamps and they will also be invited to Guest Design for a day at the Blog.

Here is my entry. 

Penny Black Card - Take 2

I stamped the background with Daisy Pattern (2642K) and white embossed this, using my stamp positioner each time to make sure I had a continuous background stamp. I then used faded jeans distress ink over this.

I also used faded jeans distress ink for the background of the label, leaving a white edge by leaving the die on while I inked it. I then added a stickeroo. I don't have many Penny Black stamps, so stickeroos are great, but I would love to buy or even win some PB stamps!

Lastly I added the sentiment - Just for you. I did hope to stamp that in faded jeans distress ink too, but it just was blurry and didn't come our right, so decided to stamp in black.

I think the emboss resist technique is one of my favourite techniques at the moment.  This card involves this technique, so I am entering it in the Wee Memories #70 "Your fav technique" challenge.

And also entering this card in the Simon Says - Anything Goes Challenge.  Trying to do my bit to help them reach their target of 1000 entries.

Angela

5 comments:

  1. I saw this on Flickr and loved it. That stickeroo is gorgeous. I might have to visit StampZone and get some! Also think I'll have to give in and get the daisy background..... thanks for the lovely e-mail. I enjoy visiting and encouraging you. your work has gone from strength to strength since you started this blog and joined Flickr and started entering challenges. Keep it up Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Great colors and what a fab image. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, such a cute image!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I am so glad you joined us at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo... you made the Honourable Hoots today.... me too.

    ReplyDelete