Saturday 3 September 2011

Simon Says STAMP-tember Blog Hop

For the second year in a row, Simon Says Stamp and Show & The Simon Says Stamp Challenge teams are joining forces to bring you a SUPER blog hop and treasure hunt to celebrate STAMPtember!

This is my first time to take part.  If you haven't taken part yet,  then go along and have a look as they have a huge basket of goodies for the hop winner.  Details of how to play are on their websites.

Here is the card I have made for the Anything Goes theme. 

Tall flower

I am also entering it in the Anything Goes theme for Simple Scrapping Crafts.

I tried some new techniques today with my new distress inks. An early birthday present. (My birthday is actually next Wednesday, but I got some vouchers early as my Dad is overseas and used them to buy some stamping stuff.)


The colours I used are dusty concord and peeled paint. I stamped the dusty concord ink onto my rectangle acrylic block and sprayed it with water and stamped it onto white cardstock. After it dried, I stamped the flower with black brilliance ink and added the stem and leaves by hand. I mounted this onto purple cardstock. I them embossed white cardstock with the "floral screen" cuttlebug folder and brushed it with the peeled paint ink pad to add colour to the embossed part. Finally I added some purple rhinestones.

Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.

Angela



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Angela :-) stunning and very stylish ! I love the colours and the flower stamp ,, lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp-tember Hop and Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped back :-) Thanks for turning off the verification xx
    The follower button is now working ( it wasn't earlier) so I can stalk you :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is really pretty - especially like the embossed edges and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty background technique! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete