Tuesday 6 September 2011

The color splash

This card is for The Play Date Cafe Challenge 97, A colour splash - a splash of red.

It took a while for me to put this card together as I wasn't happy with my butterfly.  I originally white embossed the butterfly and coloured it with distress inks.  The only red I have is fired brick and that didn't seem bright enough, so in the end of black embossed the butterfly onto bright red card.

A flash of red

This photo was taken at night so the lighting is not the best.  The ribbon is white ribbon, but with the black behind and the night light it looks more silver. I will probably give this to my cousin for her 30th birthday so if I do, I will add "30" in red below the butterfly.

Cheers,

Angela

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful take on our Color Splash, Angela! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Angela. The butterfly really pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela!

    I wanted to pop in and thank you for you kind comment on my blog, and also for following! Your butterfly card is beautiful, I like red with the black/white, it's a wonderful contrast. I'm a new follower for you. I looked at some of your past projects and you have a great creative mind! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Angela - to get a Cream in the Coffee award for this one,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the splash of color on butterfly! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete