Sunday 5 February 2012

"Heart and Soul" 90 Minute Scramble

I enjoyed the Hero Arts 90 minute scramble this morning, even if it was at 4am New Zealand time.  The good thing was the house was quiet and I could enjoy making cards with no distractions.

The challenge was hosted by Marcy and the theme was “Heart and Soul”.  We had to create a card/project using a heart in any way other than simply stamping on our paper.  I had lots of fun with this one.

In the Hero Arts Valentine exchange I was sent a beautiful card which inspired my with my creations for this challenge.  You can see the wonderful card Martha sent me here.

My first card:  I have CASED the card from Martha and used purples and instead of an embossed pattern on the heart I have used a dry embossed pattern.

Swirly heart

The stamps I used:
Hero Arts Happy Birthday greeting E1119
Hero Arts Envelope Pattern S5507
Also used the cuttlebug swirl folder

I stamped the background in the envelope pattern in lilac impress ink. I then dry embossed the swirl pattern on to purple card and cut this out into a heart shape. I stamped Happy Birthday onto lilac card and mounted this onto purple card to border it. I corner punched the corners of the sentiment and mounted it on the card. I added the purple ribbon.


Here is my second card:  I have used the red colour like the one from Martha and the clear embossed technique on the hearts, but the design is a little different.

Two hearts

The stamps I used:
Hero Arts Branch background CG122
Hero Arts Old French Writing H2365

I stamped the words background stamp in fired brick distress ink onto cream card and corner punched the corners.  I clear embossed the branch background stamp onto red card, cut out two heart shapes and mounted it on the card.   I added the red ribbon.  I mounted the background onto red card and corner punched the corners.

If you would like to see all the other wonderful cards that were made for the 90 minute scramble, click here.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  A big thanks to Martha for such a great challenge. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Thanks for your comments.

Angela

2 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Angela - I love them both, but the purple/lilac one I think is my favourite. Must remember the clear embossing techinque too - haven't used it in ages.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are awesome Angela. Good on you at getting up so early. I was away so didn't have a chance to play.

    ReplyDelete