Sunday 26 February 2012

Time for cards again

It is nice to be able to post again as it has been couple of weeks since my last post.  I have been busy as my younger daughter turned 1 on 16th February.  We had a family BBQ in the weekend following her birthday and then a morning tea with a few mums and their children on Monday last week, so I haven't had much time to do any cards, until today. At the end of my post I will show you the cake I made for her birthday.

The card I made today is for the following challenges:
Lily Pad Cards - Simon Says Stamps Presents a Kissing Challenge - using the technique of kissing two stamps together
Penny Black Allsorts -February Challenge - Colour bingo. I chose the line that had the colours yellow, white and black.

I have two versions of my card.

Here is the first one:
Yellow flower - version 1

Supplies:
Hero Arts Four flowers stamp CG290 & Envelope stamp S5507 using the kissing technique.  To find out more about this technique, click here.
Hero Arts Little Greetings Happy Birthday C5594
Cuttlebug folder - Floral Screen
Black and white twine
Rhinestones - coloured with black copic marker
Butterfly punch (used in the second version)

Here is the second version:
Yellow flower - version 2
After taking the first photo, I decided it wanted to add a little more to the card, so I added some butterflies.  This second one is the one I am entering into the challenges. 


And here is the cake I made for my daughter's first birthday.  She has a small Hello Kitty soft toy she really likes so I decided to make that the theme of her cake.


Hello Kitty cake for Amanda's first birthday
Last week (after making this cake) I started a night course for 6 weeks on cake decorating.  Hopefully I will learn lots of new things and some tricks of the trade to help me with future cakes!

Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.

Angela

9 comments:

  1. Hi Angela.... The butterflies really finish of the card. And the birthday cake is too cute. I'm sure you will enjoy the cake decorating course. Thanks too for all your lovely comments on my blog. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two great new cards - the little butterflies are so handy for just adding a little bit extra on a card. "hello kitty" cake is so cute - bet amanda loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never have made that cake--I'm impressed! Your daughter & I almost share birthdays--can't imagine you can make cards with a 1 yr old! Thanks for your visit to my new blog--I really appreciate it! Your cards are lovely--great idea to use the embossed bg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angels the cards are lovely, and the cake looks so sweet.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies for the typo on your name Angela!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Angela, a lovely clean crisp feel to it and the embossing really lifts it.

    Thank you so much for joining in with our Bingo theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month, good luck and hope you will join us again next month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossing & twine on your card...and I 'oohed' at the Hello Kitty cake! So super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Angela, love your design - thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are beautiful - I love the colors - white and black with a touch of yellow. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete