Friday 13 January 2012

Two quite different cards

My post today includes two quite different cards.  One is a masculine card and the other a very feminine card.

My first card is one I have made for my father in law's birthday and he is a handy man so I thought I would include some tool stamps which are a set from Kaisercraft, the Construckt Collection.  I have used the colours from Kathy's Lily Pad Palette.  My card is also for  Simon Says Challenge, Spots &/or Stripes challenge.  Initially I planned to use just stripes, but when I was added the tools to my card, I realised that the hammer and paint brush had spots on it too.
I am also entering this in The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Happy Birthday

IMG_1936
I mounted the blue zigzag patterned paper onto grey and then navy card for my background.  I then stamped the tools onto grey card, cut them out and mounted them with dimensionals.  A fairly simple card.

My second card is for the One Stop Craft Challenge #164 - Bingo.  I have used lace/ribbon, diecuts/punches and paper piecing.

IMG_1937

I paper pieced the dress which is a digi image from Tiffany Doodles onto the largest label diecut shape I had.  I inked the edge of the die cut to soften the edges.  I stamped with the HA envelope stamp in Impress lilac ink onto pink paper background (which matches the belt on the dress), and mounted this on the blue paper which matches the dress.  I added the ribbon and pink gems. (Sorry the lighting on the card is not the greatest as it was taken at night.  I will try an get a better picture in the morning).

Thanks for dropping by and I really appreciate your comments.

Have a great weekend.

Angela


4 comments:

  1. I love your tool inspired birthday card...it's perfect for those handy guys (or gals) in our lives. Thanks for joining us at the Lily Pad pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - love the simplicity of the masculine one and the drams of the frock!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper piecing and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how each card is so different but, both are so lovely and creative. I always need ideas for the masculine cards ...thanks for the inspiration. So happy to see that you are playing along with us at Kathy's Lily Pad Palette. :)

    ReplyDelete