Sunday 15 January 2012

A CAS bird card

Usually my style consists of cards with lots of layers.  Recently I have seen lots of CAS (clean and simple) cards as people are taking part in the online CAS class.  I saw Sue's post with her lovely bird CAS card which she is entering in the Less is More Week 50 - One layer bird challenge.  I struggle with having lots of white space on the card, but thought I should have ago.  I liked the idea of making something for the Less is More challenge, but the only bird stamp I could find was a very small one.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado clear stamps Garden flower (97616). Hopefully it still counts.  I stamped it many times until I came up with something I was reasonably happy with.  Here are two cards to show you.  The first one I will enter in the challenge.

Card No.1
CAS bird card No 1


Card No. 2
CAS bird card No 2


After looking at some of the other cards in the Less is More challenge, I saw a card featuring an owl.  I suddenly realised that I have some owl stamps from The Craft's Meow so perhaps I will have to try and make another CAS creation.

The CAS online card class still goes for another week and  it can be done at anytime, although I know that doing it now at the same time as others is probably better.  Perhaps I should look at taking part and learn some new techniques for CAS cards.  I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on my two cards.

Thanks for dropping by.

Angela

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Angela
    You will notice I have had two attempts already to post a comment. I was just blown away that I had actually inspired you to make these two gorgeous cards. Thank you so much for you visit and your comments, your little bird is lovely.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angela I love your entry... Love the drama of the wee bird in black against the lighter colours of the green and blue. I too have struggled with a card for this challenge!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Angela. You did well with your tiny bird... the flower going round it, looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely delicate stamp. Of these two versions I prefer the first one as the colour of the sentiment doesn't detract from taking the eye directly to that dear little brown bird.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. very prety card - love the bird stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I prefer the sentiment in blue s the bird draws you eye into the design, whereas the dark sentiment detracts, I
    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment. The sentiment with the blue is my preferred one too.

    ReplyDelete