Tuesday 24 July 2012

Embellies with a Twist at TCC - Christmas in July

I was a week ahead of myself in some ways, but a day behind in this week's post.  The card I made last week for the "Make it wet" theme was a Christmas card and the challenge for this week is "Christmas in July". So here is another Christmas card.  Please join us for the challenge. Remember that now is a great time to start building up your Christmas card supply.  The challenge has returned to the old forum layout which seems a bit easier to work with.  If you participate you can also earn points.  Click here to learn how you can earn points. 

Today's card is a small 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" card.  I thought this small sized card would be good to make for a set of cards which can fit into small pizza box, along with envelopes.

IMG_2608 Merry Christmas

I stamped my image onto white card stock and cut it to size.  I used pen nibs to colour in the leaves and berries with ink. I sponged the edges.  I mounted this onto patterned paper with dimensionals which I had matted onto Wisteria Wonder card.  I used a technique that Dawn T had taught me.  The Wisteria Wonder matted card is actually white card sponged with ink to create the coloured matted background, (I could have used wisteria wonder cardstock, but I wanted to keep the full sized piece of card for something else.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events from Stampin' Up
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder (from Stampin' Up), Fired brick distress ink

Cardstock: White
Patterned Paper: DSP In colours 2011-2013
Other: Glossy Accents, Ranger brush tip pen nibs

Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.

Have a great rest of the week.

Blessings,
Angela

2 comments:

  1. Love this Angela - it is simple and elegant. Isn't that technique a great one - I have used it too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Angela. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete