Tuesday 5 June 2012

Embellies with a Twist at TCC - Swirls

This week the Monday challenge for Embellies with a Twist at The Crafter's Cafe is "Swirls".  Please join us this week with your creation using swirls.  If you are not already a member of  The Crafter's Cafe, it is free to join up, and we would love to have you along.

This card also features the colours for the colour challenge at A Blog Names Hero "Color me a Hero" - Challenge #5.  (I am from New Zealand so I used the UK way of spelling colour).  I didn't have the forth greeny/yellow colour so I have kept to the other three, pink, light blue and brown/kraft. 


I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge - "Anything Goes"

Here is my card:

Cupcakes

Supplies:
Image: "Cupcake digital stamp" from The Stamping Boutique.
Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Birthday
Ink: Versafine Black
Cardstock: dusty pink, blue and kraft
Other: Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, gems, glossy accents, Copics BG01 & RV02

I initially started off with just one cupcake, but that didn't seem to be enough for the card, so I decided to do three of different sizes.  I coloured the cupcakes using copics.  I dry embossed the swirls onto kraft card, framed this with blue and added it to my pink card.  I used dimensionals to mount my cupcakes onto the card.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment onto pink card, added the banner shape to one end and  framed it with the blue cardstock.  I also added this using dimensionals  Lastly I added some gems and glossy accents on the top of the cupcake.

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments which are always gratefully received.

Have a great week.

Angela


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous Angela. The three cupcakes look awesome and it does look finished! Great colours and love your swirly background

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! I love the different sizes of cupcakes. :) Thanks for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use ofcolour Angela, and I love the swirly background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card. Love the design and lovely cupcakes. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really like how you used 3 cupcakes! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete