Monday 30 April 2012

Hero Arts 90 Minute Scramble and Other Challenges

I enjoy taking part in the Hero Arts 90 Minute Scramble challenge if I can.  There is usually a scramble every couple of weeks.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to take part this time as we have had lots of trouble with our home internet which hasn't been working for the past few days.  Anyway, I figured out how to upload a photo from my phone, so I could take part this morning at 6am.   Our internet provider is working on the problem and it should be resolved in the next week.  Until then I can use it sometimes, but then for no reason we lose our connection again.  This will keep happening until it is properly fixed. (Like while I was writing this post, it stopped working again! Stared writing this yesterday and finishing it today.)  

Anyway, back to the scramble.  The challenge, hosted by Lucille, was to make a card which used patterned paper and put something over the edge.  We had 90 minutes to make our creation and upload it.  I sometimes get two cards made, but with the challenges of using my phone instead of my camera and computer, it all took a bit longer.  

Here is the first card I made.  This card is a little different from what I usually make as it is a bit larger (Approximately 6” x 8’).  This is a birthday card I wanted to make for a friend from church which many of us will sign, so the bigger card allows for more room for us all write her our own birthday message.

90 minute scramble
(Sorry not such a clear photo as taken with my phone - I will try and upload a clearer one tomorrow)
 
I stamped the branch background stamp using shabby shutters distress ink and mounted this on lime green card.  I had to stamp it twice to fit on the larger sized card.  I stamped my flower stamp onto pink and blue patterned paper and cut them out.  I added these to my card with some gems in the centre of the flowers and on the top right of the card. Finally I stamped Happy Birthday on the banner which I put "over the edge".  Something I usually don't do, so it good to be challenged and try something new. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Branch background CG122, 4 flowers CG290,
Ink: Versafine black ink, Shabby shutter (green) distress ink
Cardstock: white, lime green,
Other: Patterned paper, pink gems,

I started on a second card (also a larger sized one), although I knew I wouldn't finish it in time, but I needed a second larger birthday card for a friend for many of us to sign, so I was inspired by using the patterned paper aspect of the challenge, although in this second card, I didn't put anything "over the edge".  

Three flowers

For the background I used the dry embossed floral screen folder (also done twice as it is a larger piece of card).  This time I used pink and yellow patterned paper for my flowers and I added kindy glitz in the middle.  I added some pink and white twine and a Happy Birthday banner (this time, not over the edge).  I framed the banner and cuttlebug background in pink card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 4 flowers CG290,
Ink: Versafine black ink,
Cardstock: white, baby pink, lime green
Other: Patterned paper (Crea8tiv), pink gems, Cuttlebug floral screen embossing folder, The Twinery pink and white twine, Kindy Glitz.

This second card is also a sample card for The Crafter's Cafe Monday Embellies with a Twist Card - The theme is Anything Goes. Remember to come and join as at the Crafter's Cafe for any of our Daily Challenges.


Monday "Embellies with a Twist"
Tuesday  "Tuesday Tags"
Wednesday "Wacky Wednesdays"
Thursday "Tools and Techniques" 



I am also entering it in the following challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC50 - Spring is here so show us your Clean And Simple creations 
with flowers or trees.
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Angela 
 


1 comment:

  1. wonderful cards Angela. Both are very pretty. Love the soft pretty colours of the flowers on your second card. They contrast beautifully with the green of your background.

    ReplyDelete